Saturday, September 12, 2026

friends are chosen family

Friends are chosen family - not my own quote, but I just grab it from one of the Chinese dramas I've seen. And I truly agree with it. There's a saying, birds of a feather flock together. And these two quotes are just so matching.
We usually just hang out with people of same interest or same thinking or even same goal. And those will finally become close circle of friends after enduring through the time trials. Within these close friends, there will be a few that we've considered them just like family.

But family, real family, is the one we don't get to choose. However, this family is the one that we can grow up with, learn together and to become better together. Sticking through good and bad, that's family. Since we can't choose, then we make each other a better person. 
Though there're exceptional cases, but in general, that's what a family should do. Hold on to each other, encourage each other, don't give up on each other. Reprimand if it's wrong, don't  indulge if not right.

Hoping for a better generation.

No comments: